Hardy’s Publishing takes your privacy and the security of your personal data very seriously, so as a consequence we store all sensitive information as securely as possible, ensuring that all customers information is treated with respect, and in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
How do we use your data?
- Hardy’s Publishing and Promotion processes data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018
- We promise never to share, sell or pass on any client information to third parties, except where necessary to fulfil our contract with you. This will include our associated GDPR compliant server and cloud service provider company. Who will never use your data for any reason whatsoever. We will also provide access to personal data if we are obliged to disclose it.
- Personal information is collected through telephone conversations, email communication and our website www.hardysyearbooks.co.uk, as well as any other affiliated websites.
- We may use images of randomly selected pages from our yearbooks for marketing/website purposes, but all names will be deleted or changed so no personal details will be revealed which allows anyone to trace the identity of any individual.
Data collected will be used solely for sales, production and marketing purposes and will be stored securely on our internal server or our GDPR compliant cloud service, with restricted access only available to employees of Hardy’s Publishing. We will only share your data with third parties when it is necessary to fulfil our contract with you, this will include our partner binding companies, who will only have access to your data for the purpose of fulfilling your order, and your data will be stored and used by them in compliance with GDPR.
How does this affect schools?
In the majority of cases for school Yearbooks, we act as the data controller. We are committed to working closely with all of our schools to ensure that we assist them with GDPR compliance. If you are a school and would like to discuss this with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For how long do we keep your data?
- We won’t keep your date for longer than we need to, normally 18 months from your date of booking or enquiring, so if you have not engaged with us for a long time or if we have fulfilled a contract with you and you have opted out of further marketing communication, we will remove your contact details form our database.
- The only information we will need to keep will be sales/production records if you have previously ordered from us.
What is legitimate interest?
- We may instigate contact with you on a marketing basis under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation 2003 (PECR), if we believe we have a legitimate interest in providing you with relevant information, e.g. if you are a teacher, we may e-mail you with details of a Hoodies or Prom tickets offer
- At any time you can opt out of further communication, if you no longer wish to be sent any further information
What are your rights?
- You can request to view/amend the data we hold on you at any time and can opt to be entirely removed from our database. We will keep the minimum amount of information needed to make sure you aren’t re-added at a later date.
- If you would like to exercise one or more of your rights, we will process the request within one month (in accordance with GDPR) It is free to access data at any time.
Will this policy change?
For any further information on how we hold, process and manage your data, please e-mail Hardy’s Yearbooks at email@example.com.